Corona-crisis | Corona newsletter no. 8/2020: Additional changes to second coronavirus support package
Topicality | 9 June 2020
Coronavirus newsletter no. 8/2020
Additional changes to second coronavirus support package
The ink was barely dry on the text of the second support package for entrepreneurs when the government announced a number of important changes on Thursday, 28 May.
What is changing? The second support package is being extended by a month to the end of September. The compensation that can be obtained for fixed costs (Reimbursement of Fixed Costs for SMEs scheme (Tegemoetkoming Vaste Lasten MKB)) has been increased to a maximum of € 50,000 in the event of a drop in turnover of at least 30%. A 5% redundancy penalty is also now being imposed under the Temporary Emergency Bridging Fund for Employment 2.0 (NOW scheme 2.0) if the conditions are not met in cases where more than 20 employees are made redundant, and the amount made available for the Coronavirus Bridging Loan (COL) has been increased to € 200 million.
We are keen to ensure we provide up-to-date information. As we are writing, however, the government is constantly announcing new additions or improvements to (new) schemes. The overview in this Coronavirus Newsletter is based on the information available as at Friday, 29 May.
- Reimbursement of Fixed Costs for SMEs: more compensation for fixed costs in the event of a drop in turnover of at least 30%
- NOW scheme 2.0: 5% redundancy penalty
- Temporary Bridging Scheme for Independent Entrepreneurs (Tozo) 2.0: extended to end of September
- Deferment of tax payments: extended to end of September
- Amount available for Coronavirus Bridging Loan increased to € 200 million
Do you have any questions?
Please contact your regular contact person within Horlings. You can also contact the Horlings corona helpdesk:
Anne-Marie Dijkhorst (for employment law matters)
Joshua Jung (for tax matters)